Ive recently taught an Ayurvedic cooking class at studio, we were preparing a summer menu with dishes based on Ayurvedic Principals: the most complete holistic cooking practice. We made the Cooling Cucumber soup for that class, however I never cook the exact same thing twice, as some of you know from my yoga and pilates classes. This is yet another variation of that soup! I invite you all to create your own version. Be a cooking artist, and express your creativity!
- 2 cups of English cucumber peeled, salted, rinsed and towel dry
- 1 small bunch of fresh dill well washed and firm part of steam cut off
- 1 cup of plain coconut yogurt or when using regular organic yogurt plus 1tbsp of Agave
- 1/2-1 lime juice to taste and skin of lime finely grated. Place half of juice in blender and rest add to taste.
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of Chopped fresh cucumber
- 1/2 cup of grated Daikon radishes or sliced red radishes
- 1 hard boiled egg cut into slivers
- 2 stalks of scallions finally sliced
- fresh dill to garnish
- Smoked paprica to sprinkle before serving
Directions: Prepare all of the ingredients as described. In blender process cucumber with yogurt add skin of lime, lime juice, salt, apple cider vinegar,(agave if using regular yoghurt) and pepper. Then place soup in bowl and add chopped cucumber, radishes and scallions. Place in fridge to cool for 1 hour.
Before serving garnish with dill, cut egg and paprika.
Serving size: 2