Elena's dedication to fitness started in early childhood training as a solo figure skater in Latvia, Europe. After moving with her family to North America, Elena has grown her love of fitness and has been successfully teaching and organizing Fitness classes for the past 12 years in South Florida. She has worked in some of the most reputable communities including Boca Raton Resort & Club, The Oaks of Boca Raton, Stone Bridge, Kiser University, and Park Summit just to name a few.
Recently she fell in love with mountains and relocated to Boone North Carolina, where she opened up her own studio: Studio Elenas.
Elena teaches Classical Style Pilates, which represents a unique approach to exercise in developing body awareness, core strength, increased flexibility and an ease of movement.
- Elena is a certified and Nationally Accredited Comprehensive Classical Pilates Instructor with over 13 years of experience working in South Florida. Most recently she has also completed certifications in “Achieving the Athletic Edge” with Pilates and Scapular Stabilization Via Mat and small props from the Pilates Method Alliance by Rael Isacowitz: world renowned teacher and founder of BASI Pilates.
- She has been practicing and teaching for over 20 years, starting in Canada with world renown yoga master and humanitarian Sri Sri Ravi Shankar of the Art of Living Foundation.
- In 2008, Elena completed the Iyengar Style Hatha Yoga Teacher Training at The Yoga Institute of Miami with Senior Iyengar teacher Bobbi Goldin and has studied with world renown International master teachers such as: Gabriella Giubilaro (Italy), John Schumacher, Manouso Manos, Dean and Rebecca Learner.
- Elena also holds Certification and is an experienced
YogaED instructor (Yoga Education for school children). She has organized and taught YogaED to kids from Pre School to High School in after school programs all over South Florida, as well as teacher training workshops for school teachers
- In 2006 she successfully completed SilverSneakers I & II cardio circuit and chair yoga certification with The Silver Sneakers National Fitness Program ( Senior fitness program)
- She received training in Ayurveda at the Art of Living center in Canada, where she worked as head chef learning from Ayurvedic doctors, Yoga Masters and other experienced ayurvedic cooks. At the same time she owned a vegetarian food catering business in Ottawa, Canada.
- In 2011, she had the opportunity to be a Guest Chef on two episodes of a TV Show - How Food is Medicine and Kids Snack Corner-Parents & Kids. She currently teaches cooking classes in local area.
Noelle Austin is a 555 hr. Certified Yoga Therapist through The International Association of Yoga Therapy. She’s been teaching Iyengar-based yoga since 2009 and practicing many forms of yoga since she was a little girl. She is a performing artist who enjoys helping all people feel welcome in the world through an adaptive, holistic and playful approach. Her classes are catered to the individuals in them, with demonstrations, detailed instructions, and a welcoming hear
Alex Schroeder is a graduate of the ASU Classical Pilates Training Program 2018 with 600+ hours of personal, hands-on training. She grew up dancing and started teaching dance when she was fifteen. From there, her passion for teaching and helping individuals improve their physical and mental health grew. She started doing Pilates in 2015 and fell in love. Sharing this practice with people, tailoring every lesson to their specific needs, and watching them grow is her inspiration. Her clients are why she loves this work! She is very personable, motivational, and energetic. She looks forward to teaching and watching her clients become more pleased with their work and bodies. She designs every lesson for the client in front of her, giving them what they need that day, so they can walk away feeling rejuvenated. Her passion is improving other’s lives through this mindful practice, and she would love to be able to do that for you!
What people are saying about us
Just a few encouraging words for our dedicated students...