A grain-free rice alternative to cut down on carbs and starch. Ayurvedic spicing adds flavor and holistic benefits to this simple yet appetizing recipe. You can prepare it in minutes to accompany your main dish or use it as side dish for a colorful presentation.
- 1 head of cauliflower - washed and diced in a food processor
- 4 cups of fresh spinach- well washed and chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro- washed and finely chopped
- 1 cup of yellow onion- finely chopped
- 2 tsp of ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp of ghee or clarified butter
Heat the ghee in a large frying pan, add coriander powder and bay leaves, after 30 sec place, chopped onion, grated cauliflower, and roasted peanuts. Stir well and cook for about 15-20min until the cauliflower is soft. Then mix in the chopped spinach for 1-2min, make sure to not over cook the spinach so it can retain its color and nutrition. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped cilantro and you're done!