Glorious Spring Cauliflower Head
- Head of Cauliflower- green leaves and end of stem removed, washed and towel dry
- 4tbsp of Tahini
- 3tbsp of extra virgin olive oil + some for oiling baking dish
- 1/2 of lime juice
- 1 cup of coconut or almond yogourt
- 1 tsp of each: tumeric powder, ground black pepper
- 2tsp of each roasted and ground: cumin and coriander seeds
- 1 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp of each: cinnamon and nutmeg
Herbal garnish sauce
- 3-4 pieces of chives- finally chopped
- 1 lime- juiced
- Handful of parsley and cilantro- finally chopped
- 4tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp Nutritional yeast flakes
Combine all of ingredients except for Nutritional flakes
Start by preheat the oven to 325F. In the meantime, combine and mix well all of ingredients on cauliflower list except for the cauliflower. After your done place the clean head of cauliflower on a large plate and coat using large spoon or your hands, evenly with the yogurt/spice mixture. Make sure to allow the mixture to soak into the cauliflower evenly.
Once the cauliflower has been evenly coated, then oil your baking dish and place the cauliflower head in the dish with stem part facing down. Let it bake for 30min then increase the heat to 395F and cook until lightly brown. When your fork gets through with ease they you know its ready.
When easily pokeable, take it out of the oven and pour the herbal garnish sauce and juice from baking dish over the head of cauliflower. To finish it off sprinkle the nutritional flakes on top. Serve it whole and slice it like stake!
Healing Parsnips Mashed Potatoes
- Parsnips cleaned and peeled 2-3 per person
- 1/2 cup of almond milk per person
- 1tbsp of Ghee
- Himalayan pink salt to taste ( it needs much less salt then regular potatoes)
- 1tbsp per person of Nutritional yeast flakes
- Handful of fresh chopped parsley and dill
- Fresh chives to taste
Boil the parsnips in water until your fork goes in with ease, then drain the water. In a pot add ghee, milk, and salt to the parsnips. Using a hand blender process the mixture until smooth. If you dont have a hand blender feel free to use a food processor or your trusty hand masher too. Mix in the greens to the mashed parsnips and sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Serve warm and garnish with slices of fresh cucumbers.